Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan and Argentina striker Mauro Icardi has lashed out at country’s football icon Diego Maradona for chastising him as he had an affair with the wife of former team-mate Maxi.
Back in 2013, Icardi had a relationship with Wanda Nara, who was married to his then Sampdoria teammate Lopez and then later went on to have a child together and get married.
Maradona labelled Icardi a ‘traitor’ when speaking at a press conference to promote the Match for Peace organised by the Vatican.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“I don’t know if Icardi will be called-up for the national team,” Maradona told reporters on Monday.
“I don’t speak about traitors. I’m here for the Match for Peace and Icardi has nothing to do with it.”
Icardi said the comments were ‘tasteless’ and that the Argentina legend was not an example to anyone off the pitch.
Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, Icardi said: ‘He was a great player, but outside of football I can’t respond to anything.
“I think he’s come across badly as he did last year, and an interview like that has nothing to do with peace.
“These are tasteless words, it already happened in the friendly match Javier Zanetti organised. I can’t say anything about someone who isn’t an example for anyone.”