Barcelona will be without Neymar and Jordi Alba for the final month of the season after both were injured during the Copa del Rey final loss to Real Madrid on Wednesday.Both players will likely miss all five rounds remaining in the Spanish league, further hurting Barcelona’s chances of defending its title.
Brazil striker Neymar, and Spain’s Alba, should be back fit in time for the World Cup starting on June 12.
Barcelona says Neymar picked up a “contusion” on his left foot during the cup final, which ended with Neymar’s shot hitting the post in the 90th minute.
Alba was substituted at halftime because of a muscle tear in his right leg. Defender Marc Bartra will be a day-to-day decision as he recovers from a muscle pull.
Barcelona hosts fourth-place Athletic Bilbao on Sunday without suspended midfielder Sergio Busquets.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Barcelona is in third place, four points behind league leader Atletico Madrid.
Barcelona’s defeat in the King’s Cup final means La Liga is their only chance of major silverware and anything other than a home win against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday would almost certainly end their dwindling title hopes.