Barcelona will be without Neymar and Jordi Alba for the final month of the season after both were injured during the Copa del Rey final loss to Real Madrid on Wednesday.Both players will likely miss all five rounds remaining in the Spanish league, further hurting Barcelona’s chances of defending its title.
Brazil striker Neymar, and Spain’s Alba, should be back fit in time for the World Cup starting on June 12.
Barcelona says Neymar picked up a “contusion” on his left foot during the cup final, which ended with Neymar’s shot hitting the post in the 90th minute.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Alba was substituted at halftime because of a muscle tear in his right leg. Defender Marc Bartra will be a day-to-day decision as he recovers from a muscle pull.
Barcelona hosts fourth-place Athletic Bilbao on Sunday without suspended midfielder Sergio Busquets.
Barcelona is in third place, four points behind league leader Atletico Madrid.
Barcelona’s defeat in the King’s Cup final means La Liga is their only chance of major silverware and anything other than a home win against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday would almost certainly end their dwindling title hopes.