Barcelona defender Jeremy Mathieu will be sidelined for around three weeks after suffering from a calf injury during the 1-0 defeat against Espanyol in the Catalan Super Cup on Tuesday, the Spanish champions said on Wednesday.
“Test conducted by the medical services on Wednesday morning have revealed that FC Barcelona defender Jeremy Mathieu has injured the soleus in his right foot,” Barcelona said on their website (www.fcbarcelona.com).
“…which means he’s going to be sidelined for an estimated three weeks.”
The 32-year-old joins fellow defenders Gerard Pique and Jordi Alba on the sidelines.
Barcelona, who are currently third in La Liga with 19 points, face Granada on Sunday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016