Goa will host the final of the Indian Super League (ISL) football tournament on December 20 in Fatorda.
“Football Sports Development Ltd. — the promoters of Indian Super League — announced that the grand finale to the season will be held in the sunny, football-crazy state of Goa on December 20th, 2015,” the ISL said in a statement.
- Indian Super League 2017: Points Table, Team Standings
- Kolkata football left lagging as Mohun Bagan, East Bengal refuse to move beyond history
- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif to feature in ISL 2017-18 opening ceremony
- ISL opening match venue changed to Kochi from Kolkata
- ISL 2017-18 full fixtures and schedule announced, season to begin from November 17 with ATK vs Kerala Blasters
- Defending champions Atletico de Kolkata square off against Chennaiyin FC in ISL 2015 opener
“We felt it would be apt to award the ISL 2015 finale to Goa as an ode to the state’s passion for football. The fun-loving, football–crazy Goa will be a perfect destination for Indian football’s greatest party. Indian Super League is delighted to offer an exciting blend of football and festive spirit in celebration of the beautiful game,” said Football Sports Development Limited Chairman Nita Ambani.
The second season scheduled for October 3 will kick off with the opening match between defending champions Atletico de Kolkata and Chennaiyin FC in Chennai. The League stage will witness 56 games followed by a two-legged knock out round to finally culminate in Goa on December 20th 2015.
The Hero Indian Super League sparked off a football revolution in the country last year with its inaugural edition, featuring eight city franchises, international football stars, celebrated coaches and a host of Indian football talent.