Manchester United would be better off having midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger in the side, Manchester City’s Ilkay Guendogan has said of his fellow German, who remains unlikely to figure in manager Jose Mourinho’s plans.
After making 18 Premier League appearances last season, 32-year-old Schweinsteiger has failed to turn out for United since the Portuguese coach replaced Louis van Gaal in the close season.
Schweinsteiger has also been left out of the side’s Europa League squad, with Mourinho confirming that it would be “very difficult” for him to play for the club again.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I believe that Manchester United could 100 percent benefit from a fit Bastian Schweinsteiger,” Guendogan told Sport Bild magazine.
“He’s not just some player, and also not only 18 or 19.”
Guendogan, who was named in Germany’s squad for this month’s World Cup qualifiers after almost a year out of the side due to injury problems, believes he can fill the void for his country following Schweinsteiger’s international retirement.
“I trusted myself to do that before (Schweinsteiger’s retirement), but this has nothing to do with saying his retirement is positive or negative. We should be thankful that we had such a great player,” he added.
Germany face the Czech Republic on Saturday and then host Northern Ireland three days later in the World Cup qualifiers.