Striker Harry Kane has confirmed he is in talks to sign an improved contract with Tottenham Hotspur and reiterated that he has no intention of agitating for a transfer away from his boyhood club.
Kane, the league’s top scorer last season, has struggled with an ankle injury for a part of the current campaign, making seven Premier League appearances so far, but made a scoring return against in the north London derby Arsenal on Nov. 6.
He followed that up with two late goals to give his side a 3-2 home win over West Ham United on Saturday, keeping Spurs fifth in the table, a point behind Arsenal.
“I am happy at the club and want to be here for a long, long time,” Kane, whose current contract runs till June 2020, told British media.
“We are in talks and I’m sure we will get something sorted. I’m not panicking and I’m not demanding anything as I’ve read in the paper.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“We’re having a conversation and I have no doubts that we will get it sorted. As I say, I want to be here for a long time and I am sure I will be.”
Tottenham travel to take on Monaco in the Champions League on Tuesday, before a visit to league leaders Chelsea on Saturday for their third London derby in a row.