United States forward Bobby Wood, who has scored Hamburg’s only two Bundesliga goals this season, has been suspended for three matches.
The suspension is another setback for the last-place team in the Bundesliga. Hamburg has no wins and only two points from two draws after nine matches.
Wood was banned by the German soccer federation for elbowing Dominique Heintz in a 3-0 loss at Cologne on Sunday. Hamburg is not appealing the penalty.
In addition, Wood has been fined an undisclosed sum by the club.
Hamburg coach Markus Gisdol says Wood’s behavior “cannot be accepted.” The American was the third Hamburg player to be sent off this season.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Wood will miss matches against Borussia Dortmund, Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen.