Guatemala have been suspended from international football after the federation’s directors refused to recognise a committee set up by FIFA to temporarily run the sport in the country, football’s governing body said on Friday.
The decision means that the country’s national team and clubs cannot take part in international competition and the federation cannot receive funds from football’s governing body.
FIFA said it intervened in the Guatemalan federation (FEDEFUT) last December, setting up a so-called normalisation committee to run FEDEFUT’s business, organise elections and modernise its statutes.
But FIFA said that the committee was “no longer able to operate” after a FEDEFUT general assembly rejected its mandate on Tuesday. FIFA said that Guatemala had therefore been suspended.
“The suspension will be lifted only once the FEDEFUT general assembly ratifies the extension of the normalisation committee’s mandate until July 31, 2017,” said FIFA.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Guatemala have already been knocked out of the 2018 World Cup qualifying competition. The national side, which has never qualified for a World Cup, is 83rd in the FIFA rankings.