Arsenal legend and former France international Thierry Henry will be in the stands when Atletico de Kolkata (ATK) take on Mumbai City FC in an Indian Super League (ISL) match here on October 25.
A sports kit manufacturer whose brand ambassador is the France World Cup winner, confirmed his arrival though refusing to divulge more details of his plans for the one-day visit.
“We cannot divulge his itinerary at the moment but he will be here for the game,” an official of the company said.
A record goal scorer for Arsenal and part of the Gunners’ squad which did not lose a single game to win the English Premier League (EPL) title in the 2003-04 season, Henry has also played for clubs like FC Barcelona and AS Monaco during an illustrious career.
ATK officials, it was learnt, were content at the development after failing to pull crowds to the Rabindra Sarrovar Stadium, their new venue for the third edition.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016