Brazil captain Thiago Silva branded Colombia defender Juan Camilo Zuniga a coward for the tackle which put star striker Neymar out of the World Cup.
“In my opinion it was a cowardly tackle,” the Paris Saint-Germain defender said on the eve of his side’s World Cup semi-final against Germany on Tuesday.
“I am a defender, I know how to mark a player and there is no way you can get the ball by putting a knee in the back.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“It is not something that comes about in a normal match situation.”
FIFA turned down a request from the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) to ban Zuniga on Monday because the incident had been seen by the match officials at the time and no action was taken.
Silva will miss the match against the Germans in Belo Horizonte on Tuesday after FIFA also turned down the CBF’s appeal against his yellow card in the 2-1 quarter-final win over Colombia on Friday.
The 29-year-old was booked 25 minutes from time with Brazil leading 1-0 through his early strike for impeding Colombian goalkeeper David Ospina.
“In no moment did I intend to take the ball from the goalkeeper. I was trying so hard not to commit any fouls, the only foul I remember was the yellow card and it is very difficult to miss the game,” he added.
“But I really trust the players on the pitch. No matter the 11 players we will be well represented.”