Striker Romelu Lukaku resumed training with Belgium’s World Cup squad on Wednesday showing no apparent effect from a right ankle strain he sustained last weekend.
Lukaku jogged with his teammates to get the jet lag from Tuesday’s flight out of his system before he performed balancing exercises which put specific pressure on the tender ankle.
Lukaku is expected to be Belgium’s center forward for next Tuesday’s opening Group H match against Algeria. His form has become even more important since the team’s No. 1 forward Christian Benteke injured his Achilles tendon and misses the World Cup.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Fortunately, Lukaku has shown great form during the preparation campaign, scoring four goals, including a hat trick against Luxembourg, in two warmup games.
He got injured last Saturday during a 1-0 win over Tunisia.