Striker Romelu Lukaku resumed training with Belgium’s World Cup squad on Wednesday showing no apparent effect from a right ankle strain he sustained last weekend.
Lukaku jogged with his teammates to get the jet lag from Tuesday’s flight out of his system before he performed balancing exercises which put specific pressure on the tender ankle.
Lukaku is expected to be Belgium’s center forward for next Tuesday’s opening Group H match against Algeria. His form has become even more important since the team’s No. 1 forward Christian Benteke injured his Achilles tendon and misses the World Cup.
Fortunately, Lukaku has shown great form during the preparation campaign, scoring four goals, including a hat trick against Luxembourg, in two warmup games.
He got injured last Saturday during a 1-0 win over Tunisia.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest