A Brazilian bomb squad blew up a bag deemed suspicious that was left on Friday near a metro station entrance close to the stadium where the World Cup game between Germany and France was underway.
Associated Press journalists saw the events while authorities closed the metro station as a precaution.
The Federal Police said in a statement it investigated a bomb threat near Maracana stadium but that no explosive device was found. Further details were not provided.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Few people were near the metro station when the bomb squad acted because tens of thousands of fans were inside the stadium watching the game.
Some surrounding roads were also closed while the bomb squad investigated. The incident lasted about 20 minutes.
The metro was reopened after the bag was detonated and before Germany beat France 1-0.