A Brazilian bomb squad blew up a bag deemed suspicious that was left on Friday near a metro station entrance close to the stadium where the World Cup game between Germany and France was underway.
Associated Press journalists saw the events while authorities closed the metro station as a precaution.
The Federal Police said in a statement it investigated a bomb threat near Maracana stadium but that no explosive device was found. Further details were not provided.
Few people were near the metro station when the bomb squad acted because tens of thousands of fans were inside the stadium watching the game.
Some surrounding roads were also closed while the bomb squad investigated. The incident lasted about 20 minutes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The metro was reopened after the bag was detonated and before Germany beat France 1-0.