Brazil’s injured striker Neymar will attend Saturday’s third place play-off when the battered World Cup hosts take on the Netherlands.
Brazil were consigned to the ignominy of fighting out a game Dutch coach Louis van Gaal has attacked as “unfair” after their 7-1 semi-final mauling by Germany.
Neymar’s absence dominated the build-up to Tuesday’s humiliation. The Barcelona striker missed out after fracturing a vertebrae in the quarter-final win over Colombia.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Neymar will come here (to Brazil’s World Cup base), he’s going to accompany the team to Saturday’s match,” confirmed Brazil football federation spokesman Rodrigo Paiva to R7.com.
Paiva announced the news at Brazil’s World Cup headquarters in Teresopolis, near Rio de Janeiro.
The Barcelona superstar’s absence and as importantly that of suspended defender and captain Thiago Silva contributed to Tuesday’s shocking Belo Horizonte battering by a Germany side that now faces Argentina in Sunday’s final.
Van Gaal’s Holland find themselves in the play-off after Wednesday’s 4-2 penalty shoot-out loss to Argentina.
Afterwards van Gaal attacked the play-off, saying: “I think this match should never be played.
“It’s unfair also because we have one less day to recover, so that’s not fair play but the worst thing is that chances are you lose twice in a row.”