Netherlands captain Robin van Persie and defender Daryl Janmaat have survived a close encounter with a kite surfer on Rio’s Ipanema beach.
Janmaat, who is expected to be in Louis van Gaal’s starting lineup for Friday’s Group B opener against Spain in Salvador, says the kite surfer nearly floored him during a stroll along the beach in front of the Dutch team’s hotel on Monday.
He told Dutch public broadcaster NOS “Almost got a kite on my head. A man was kite surfing and he fell exactly where I was standing.”
Though both were struck as the kite surfer landed, Netherlands team management says neither player was badly hurt in the incident and they will train as planned Tuesday afternoon.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More