Netherlands captain Robin van Persie and defender Daryl Janmaat have survived a close encounter with a kite surfer on Rio’s Ipanema beach.
Janmaat, who is expected to be in Louis van Gaal’s starting lineup for Friday’s Group B opener against Spain in Salvador, says the kite surfer nearly floored him during a stroll along the beach in front of the Dutch team’s hotel on Monday.
He told Dutch public broadcaster NOS “Almost got a kite on my head. A man was kite surfing and he fell exactly where I was standing.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Though both were struck as the kite surfer landed, Netherlands team management says neither player was badly hurt in the incident and they will train as planned Tuesday afternoon.