An airplane carrying Turkish soccer club Fenerbahce to England made an emergency landing in Hungary after a bird strike cracked the windshield on Wednesday.
The BoraJet airplane carrying players and team officials, including club president Aziz Yildirim, took off from Istanbul at 11 a.m. (0800 GMT). It landed at Budapest’s Ferenc Liszt Airport, the nearest airport, after the security system indicated a flaw in the hermetic seal.
Another BoraJet flight from Istanbul was expected to land in Budapest at 4:45 p.m. (1445 GMT) to take the team to its Europa League match against Manchester United on Thursday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The team posted photos of the cracked, but still intact, left windshield on its Twitter feed.