Gerard Pique has been caught on camera apparently telling Spain coach Vicente del Bosque that Barcelona team mate Cesc Fabregas is poised to leave the La Liga side.
Fabregas returned to boyhood club Barcelona in 2011 after an eight-year stint at Arsenal and he has been linked with a move back to the Premier League, with Chelsea and Manchester United reportedly keen to sign the 27-year-old midfielder.
Appearing together at a promotional event in Washington, where Spain are preparing the defence of their World Cup crown, Pique and Del Bosque were recorded apparently discussing Fabregas and a move away from Barca for a fee of 33 million euros ($45 million).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“He (Fabregas) told me that it is already done,” Pique says.
“He is leaving already, 33 million euros he said,” adds the centre back, who came through the youth ranks with Fabregas and is a close friend of his.
Fabregas returned to Barcelona just as Pep Guardiola’s stunningly successful side was starting to lose its lustre and he has never fully won over the demanding Nou Camp fans despite scoring and creating plenty of goals.
The Catalan club are trying to rebuild after they ended the 2013-14 season without major silverware and coach Gerardo Martino quit and was replaced by former Barca and Spain midfielder Luis Enrique.