Gerard Pique has been caught on camera apparently telling Spain coach Vicente del Bosque that Barcelona team mate Cesc Fabregas is poised to leave the La Liga side.
Fabregas returned to boyhood club Barcelona in 2011 after an eight-year stint at Arsenal and he has been linked with a move back to the Premier League, with Chelsea and Manchester United reportedly keen to sign the 27-year-old midfielder.
Appearing together at a promotional event in Washington, where Spain are preparing the defence of their World Cup crown, Pique and Del Bosque were recorded apparently discussing Fabregas and a move away from Barca for a fee of 33 million euros ($45 million).
“He (Fabregas) told me that it is already done,” Pique says.
“He is leaving already, 33 million euros he said,” adds the centre back, who came through the youth ranks with Fabregas and is a close friend of his.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Fabregas returned to Barcelona just as Pep Guardiola’s stunningly successful side was starting to lose its lustre and he has never fully won over the demanding Nou Camp fans despite scoring and creating plenty of goals.
The Catalan club are trying to rebuild after they ended the 2013-14 season without major silverware and coach Gerardo Martino quit and was replaced by former Barca and Spain midfielder Luis Enrique.