Southampton manager Claude Puel has urged his squad not to get carried away after Thursday’s 2-1 Europa League win over Italian side Inter Milan as they still have work to do to secure qualification to the knockout stages.
Defender Virgil van Dijk cancelled out Mauro Icardi’s first-half opener in the 64th minute and an own goal from Yuto Nagatomo five minutes later gave Southampton the win.
“It was important to get this result and it’s a good result but it’s not finished of course,” Puel told British media, adding “… it was a fantastic game for my players but the work is not finished.”
Southampton, who are second in their group after four games, will travel to face leaders Sparta Prague on Nov. 24 and wrap up the group stage by hosting Hapoel Beer-Sheva next month.
They play Hull in the Premier League on Sunday.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review