Ecuadorean striker Felipe Caicedo scored early as Espanyol defeated Barcelona’s reserves 1-0 to win the Catalan Super Cup on Tuesday.
Caicedo sped past two defenders inside the area and rounded the goalkeeper before finding the open net in the ninth minute of the competition played by Catalonia’s top two clubs.
The match was played in the northeastern city of Tarragona.
None of Barcelona’s top players were summoned by coach Luis Enrique. Barcelona hosts Granada on Saturday in the Spanish league.
Among the starters Tuesday were Arda Turan, Paco Alcacer, Andre Gomes, Jeremy Mathieu and Denis Suarez.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review