Enner Valencia escaped the clutches of Ecuadorean police seeking to question the Everton forward over unpaid alimony to his ex-wife after playing in the national side’s 3-0 win over Chile on Thursday, according to reports in the South American country.
Police gathered at the door of the team coach before the World Cup qualifier but were unable to detain Valencia, who is believed to owe his former wife $17,000, due to the intervention of team mates, according to the El Universo newspaper.
The authorities then waited by the pitch to apprehend him after the game but the player received on-field treatment for altitude sickness with 10 minutes remaining, before he was rushed to an ambulance that took him to a local hospital, a video on the El Telegrafo newspaper site showed.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The whereabouts of the West Ham centre forward, who moved to Merseyside on loan at the start of the season, are now unknown.