England have released striker Harry Kane from their squad for Tuesday’s soccer friendly with Spain, interim manager Gareth Southgate said on Sunday.
Southgate said the 23-year-old, who has only just returned from an ankle injury, could return to his club Tottenham Hotspur immediately.
Kane was an unused substitute in Friday’s 3-0 win against Scotland, a World Cup qualifier for which Southgate was keen to have him available.
“Harry reported for us last week having not played a full game for some seven weeks but Tottenham were more than happy for him to come with us,” Southgate said.
“It was never really my intention to start him in a game and I think it’s important that he gets a different training programme to what we’re going to follow over the next couple of days.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I’m really grateful to Tottenham for letting us have him for the qualifier.”
Tottenham play West Ham United in the Premier League on Saturday and then travel to Monaco for a Champions League qualifier.