While Ecuador may not consider their Group E rivals Honduras a potential threat, the coach of the Honduras side — Luiz Fernando Suarez — will do his best to put one across his previous team. Suarez was the same man who had led Ecuador to an astonishing victory against Poland during the 2006 Germany World Cup.
It has been more than three years since he joined Honduras as their mentor and is now plotting a surprise win against his old side Ecuador.
For starters, he has made sure his side remains a low profile unit by making them stay in a comparatively less expensive hotel. Also, he has regrouped the team and has made the side strong on the counter-attack. Honduras better beware.
Ecuador’s 2006 win was the highlight of Suarez’s career but the euphoria soon faded away when the side suffered big losses against Brazil (5-0), Peru (5-1) and Venezuela (1-0) during the 2010 World Cup qualifiers and he was forced to leave.
The meeting in Brazil may well be just a Group E match but for Suarez, he certainly is there to prove a point.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More