Mumbai City FC head coach Alexandre Guimaraes said on Monday marquee footballer Diego Forlan is doing what is expected of him though he hasn’t played three matches before featuring in the side’s defeat to FC Goa in their last game.
“Of course, I am happy with Forlan. He helped us get points in the beginning (in the first two matches he assisted a goal and scored another against FC Pune City and North East United FC, respectively). In the last match, he helped us as well,” Guimaraes told reporters ahead of his side’s match against Atletico de Kolkata (ATK) on Monday.
“He is doing what a marquee has to do. Open up to players and share his experience. He is a winner and is always willing to do his best.”
Mumbai are grappling with injuries and without four Bengaluru FC players, who are currently playing for the I-League champions in Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Cup. Guimaraes admitted it’s a problem but is happy that they have created a lot of goalscoring opportunities.
“We have too many injuries. I will have to wait after practice to see which players we are available to play.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We scored against almost all the teams. We have created many chances so I am not woried. The only game we did not play well was against Kerala (Blasters) especially in the first 45 minutes.”
“All of them (Bengaluru FC players) are part of the national team which is intimidating to the players of other teams. We know what Sunil (Chhetri) can do. We know what goalkeeper Amrinder can do well like distributing the ball to foreign players,” he added.
“We know that they won’t be there from the beginning. Maybe some people believed they will not reach final of AFC Cup. I a happy for them and it is good for Indian football. I did not watch the game but saw the goals (of Chhetri) later. The goals were fantastic.”