Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has heaped praise on Diego Costa, saying the striker was an example to all after he learned to control his aggression on the pitch and translate his combative nature into tireless performances for the London club.
The Brazil-born Spain striker Costa has done much to please Conte this season and tops the Premier League scoring charts with nine goals from 11 games.
It was only a month ago, however, that he clashed publicly with the Italian during last month’s win over Leicester City but relations between Costa and his coach have clearly improved.
“He’s an example for all,” Conte told British media.
“If he continues to score, I’ll be very happy. But I’ll be happier to see this commitment, this work rate during training and in games.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“It’s fantastic, I think, that Diego is improving a lot in a lot of aspects. For me, now, Diego is one of the best strikers in the world.
“He must continue that, working in this way, with his commitment and work rate.”
Chelsea, who next play Middlesbrough on Sunday, have risen to second in the league on the back of a five match winning-streak in which they have scored 16 goals and conceding none.