Table toppers Delhi Dynamos will look to exact revenge when they lock horns with Atletico de Kolkata in an Indian Super League (ISL) football match on Sunday
Coach Gianluca Zambrotta agreed his team has a special motivation when they host Atletico de Kolkata at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
Delhi Dynamos are leading the table with 16 points and can open a four-point lead if they manage full points against Atletico de Kolkata, the only team who has defeated them this season.
“There is no revenge (on my mind) because it was a good match when we lost against a good team. There is special motivation for us to focus on this team because it’s a team against whom we lost. For this reason, we will try to concentrate on this game,” Zambrotta said during the pre-match media briefing.
Delhi Dynamos are the only team in ISL 2016 who are unbeaten at home. They clobbered Chennaiyin FC 4-1 in their last match at home and have been brilliant at home all season, scoring 11 of their 16 goals. They have also pocketed nine points at home, the most by any team at home this season.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Much of Delhi’s success has been due to the goal-scoring prowess of players like Marcelinho, Richard Gadze, Florent Malouda and Kean Lewis. They are the only side to have three players who scored more than three goals this season with Marcelinho (5), Gadze (3) and Kean Lewis (3) striking form.
Zambrotta, however, did not laud individual performances and said his side can still get better.
“I am happy not just about two players but the entire team. They are working sincerely. Of course, I am happy but we have to get better. If we work stronger day by day we have margin to get better,” said the Italian World Cup winner.
Atletico de Kolkata are coming into this game after an agonising defeat against FC Pune City when they conceded a goal at the end. Coach Jose Molina was disappointed with that result but has had enough time to work with the team.
“Losing to Pune was not good for us but that’s football. We know every match is different. We trained during this week, got time to prepare for this match and we know it will be difficult game. Delhi are at top, may be they are the best team in the league right now, but we want to be there and fight tomorrow,” said Molina.
Molina will want his strikers to start firing, notably Iain Hume, the highest scorer of the ISL with 19 goals. This season Hume has scored all three goals so far from penalties and has not shown the form that got him 11 goals last year.