Adding a fair bit of star power to the upcoming Indian Super League, renowned Italian forward Alessandro Del Piero has signed up with Delhi Dynamos FC as its marquee player.
The 39-year-old Italian who has won almost every tournament he has played in for club and country, has many achievements to his name in a career spanning over two decades.
“It’s really exciting to be coming to India and playing for the capital of the country. I am thoroughly looking forward to training with my teammates and work together with the coach and the club and I hope to encourage the people of Delhi to follow our games,” Del Piero said in a statement.
“My passion has always been to play good football and I think I can definitely identify with my team’s philosophy of playing an attacking and attractive game. It is always amazing to visit new countries but I have a feeling India is going to be a really special part of my journey. See you soon, India,” he added.
Del Piero, also nicknamed “Il Fenomeno Vero” or The Real Phenomenon, is the 10th all-time top-scorer in the Champions League and has been featured in FIFA 100, a list of the top greatest living footballers compiled by Pele.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Having played alongside some great teammates like Gianluigi Buffon and Zinedine Zidane, del Piero has always managed to stand out.
Footballing legend Maradona once said “He (del Peiro) is different to Zinedine Zidane. He likes to play, he feels it in his soul. Between him and the Frenchman, I choose him.”
The Italian great played for Sydney FC for the last two seasons and is credited for putting the A-league onto the world stage and inspiring a new generation of football players in that country.
The free-kick King won Sydney FC Player of the Year Award and Sydney FC Golden Boot in 2013 and also scored the A-League goal of the season for 2012–2013.