Sunderland manager David Moyes is hoping his willingness to give youngsters a chance in his first team will attract some of the finest young talents in the game to the Premier League club’s academy.
In a bid to inject energy into his ageing squad, Moyes has fielded 10 under-23 players in his first-team this season, including defenders Paddy McNair, Donald Love and Jason Denayer, and midfielders Didier Ndong and Adnan Januzaj.
“Everton had an academy which produced young players, Manchester United had an academy which produced young players, and Sunderland have an academy which has produced,” Moyes told British media, referring to his previous two English clubs.
Sunderland’s academy have produced several Premier League players in recent years, including goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, winger Duncan Watmore and midfielder Lynden Gooch as well as Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson.
“I want it to inspire young players to think, ‘If I go to Sunderland, the manager might put me in the team there. Maybe it’s better than going to one of the big clubs where maybe the manager won’t put me in the team.’,” Moyes added.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“We’ll have to use that as a motivation to the parents and the young players out there to say, ‘Come to Sunderland’.”
Sunderland, who are bottom of the league, will look to pick up back-to-back wins for the first time this season when they host third-bottom Hull City on Saturday.