Real Madrid says it has reached a deal to extend Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract until June 2021, when the star forward will be 36.
The Spanish club says the new contract will be signed on Monday. Financial details were not released, although Ronaldo is expected to remain the team’s top-paid player.
The announcement came a few hours after Madrid defeated Leganes 3-0 at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium to retain the Spanish league lead.
The 31-year-old Ronaldo is in his eighth season with the Spanish powerhouse. He will have played 12 years with the club if he stays through the end of the new contract.
The Portugal forward arrived in Madrid from Manchester United in the summer of 2009.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016