Italy midfielder Claudio Marchisio will miss a World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein on Saturday and a friendly against Germany on Nov. 15 because of a joint injury in his left leg.
Coach Gianpiero Ventura made the decision as a precautionary measure to allow the 30-year-old Marchisio to rest, the Italian FA said on Monday (www.figc.it).
Marchisio, capped 54 times, returned to Serie A side Juventus last month after spending six months recovering from a cruciate ligament injury in his left knee.
To fill Marchisio’s place against Liechtenstein and Germany, Ventura called up Atalanta midfielder Roberto Gagliardini, 22, and Genoa defender Armando Izzo, 24, for their first caps.
The two matches were supposed to mark Maarchisio’s return to Italy after being sidelined for nearly six months due to injury. The Juventus defendor missed Italy’s Euro 2016 run.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched