Southampton’s Charlie Austin struck twice and Nathan Redmond also scored to secure a comfortable 3-1 win against Burnley at St Mary’s in the Premier League on Sunday.
Austin has now got seven goals in six games but with better control – and against a less impressive keeper than Tom Heaton – he could have had a hat-trick before he scrambled the ball in from close range for the opener after 52 minutes.
Heaton had earlier denied the former Burnley favourite with a marvellous one-handed diving save and also foiled Redmond before the winger backed off a corner and fired cleanly past the keeper for Southampton’s second on the hour.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
Austin added the third with a penalty in the 66th after Sam McQueen was tripped while Sam Vokes netted a spot kick for Burnley in the 72nd – their first away goal this season and the first Southampton have conceded in over 10 hours of football.