Celtic need sustained investment in their squad to compete against top teams in the Champions League, manager Brendan Rodgers has said after his side lost to Germany’s Borussia Monchengladbach on Wednesday.
The defeat left the Scottish champions bottom of their Champions League group, with only one point from three matches.
They have an upcoming fixture at Monchengladbach on Nov. 1 before hosting Barcelona and end their group campaign at Manchester City.
“There are certain attributes you need and of course that does cost you money,” Rodgers told British media. “That will be up to the club and our recruitment to look and try to find these players.
“We know that availability and affordability figures, but it is something that will happen over a period of time… No matter how good we might be there are still elements we need to compete consistently at this level.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“We are in the process of building something; it was brilliant to qualify and we are giving everything, but sometimes there are teams which are better than us. That’s no disrespect to my players.”