Watched by the great Rivaldo, Brazil’s Club Atletico Paraneanse lifted the Subroto Cup Junior Boys (U-17) trophy after beating Army Boys, Bengaluru, 1-0 in the final.
Bruno struck the goal four minutes into the match and the Brazilians defended it for the next 66 minutes to romp home winners at the Ambedkar Stadium.
Chief guest Air Marshal MK Malik, who is also the vice-chairman of the Subroto Mukherjee Sports Education Society, presented the trophy to the winners.
The Army Boys will return to their base with the satisfaction of contesting well against a ‘professional’ side and the Bengaluru boys were not at all disgraced in their defeat. Some of their boys can still make it to the next edition and have a fresh shot at the title.
Cheered by former Brazilian star midfielder Rivaldo, the guest of honour in the final, the teams were keen to do well in front of the legend.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Perhaps, this thinking from camp made the match somewhat boring as one failed to notice the wholesome Brazilian flair from Atletico. On the other hand, the Army Boys had their opponents’ reputation in mind and it clogged their all-out attack.