Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has projected that Argentina will be the most likely opponent if the hosts can make it all the way to the World Cup final. Scolari said on Thursday he and his staff analyzed the tournament’s bracket and predicted the two South American powers will meet in the July 13 final.
“From our analysis, the final we see happening is Brazil on one side and Argentina on the other,” Scolari said.
The coach did not say specifically how they got to that conclusion, but noted that he is hoping the predictions are right because having two of football’s traditional powers face each other in South America would be one of the event’s great finals.
“Hopefully that will be the final,” Scolari said. “It’d be a South American final, with great players, a lot of quality.”
The rivals cannot meet at the World Cup at least until the semifinals. If both teams finish first in their groups, they can only face each other in the final at the Maracana Stadium. “I don’t want to see Argentina being eliminated in the first round or the second round,” Scolari said. “I want to see Argentina playing its football as usual.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The coach was quick to remind everyone that his main concern is about the Brazilian team. “I’ve to get Brazil to the final. After that, whichever team gets there, it won’t really matter. I have to make sure my team is in the final.”