Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has projected that Argentina will be the most likely opponent if the hosts can make it all the way to the World Cup final. Scolari said on Thursday he and his staff analyzed the tournament’s bracket and predicted the two South American powers will meet in the July 13 final.
“From our analysis, the final we see happening is Brazil on one side and Argentina on the other,” Scolari said.
The coach did not say specifically how they got to that conclusion, but noted that he is hoping the predictions are right because having two of football’s traditional powers face each other in South America would be one of the event’s great finals.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Hopefully that will be the final,” Scolari said. “It’d be a South American final, with great players, a lot of quality.”
The rivals cannot meet at the World Cup at least until the semifinals. If both teams finish first in their groups, they can only face each other in the final at the Maracana Stadium. “I don’t want to see Argentina being eliminated in the first round or the second round,” Scolari said. “I want to see Argentina playing its football as usual.”
The coach was quick to remind everyone that his main concern is about the Brazilian team. “I’ve to get Brazil to the final. After that, whichever team gets there, it won’t really matter. I have to make sure my team is in the final.”