Bobby Zamora scored a 90th minute goal to secure 10-man Queens Park Rangers promotion to the Premier League with a 1-0 win against Derby County in the Championship playoff final on Saturday.
Having been reduced to 10 men when Gary O’Neil was sent off in the 60th minute, Derby laid siege to the QPR goal.
But with extra-time beckoning, Zamora stepped up to secure QPR a win in what is considered to be the most lucrative fixture in soccer.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Following a lacklustre first half, Derby dominated after the break but Steve McClaren’s freescoring side were left to rue their inability to grab the decisive goal when a defensive error allowed Zamora to curl in with their only shot on target.
Promotion via the playoff final will be worth at least 80 million pounds ($134 million) for QPR who returned to the Premier League after spending just one season in the Championship (second division).