Bobby Zamora scored a 90th minute goal to secure 10-man Queens Park Rangers promotion to the Premier League with a 1-0 win against Derby County in the Championship playoff final on Saturday.
Having been reduced to 10 men when Gary O’Neil was sent off in the 60th minute, Derby laid siege to the QPR goal.
But with extra-time beckoning, Zamora stepped up to secure QPR a win in what is considered to be the most lucrative fixture in soccer.
Following a lacklustre first half, Derby dominated after the break but Steve McClaren’s freescoring side were left to rue their inability to grab the decisive goal when a defensive error allowed Zamora to curl in with their only shot on target.
Promotion via the playoff final will be worth at least 80 million pounds ($134 million) for QPR who returned to the Premier League after spending just one season in the Championship (second division).
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016