Belgian Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo challenged U.S. President Barack Obama to a bet over Belgium’s impending World Cup knock-out match against the United States, offering the prospect of some “great Belgian beers” should the U.S. team win.
On Thursday, Belgium beat South Korea 1-0 to top Group H, setting up a clash with the United States after Juergen Klinsmann’s team pipped Portugal to second place in Group G on goal difference despite losing to Germany.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
— Elio Di Rupo (@eliodirupo) June 26, 2014
As of Friday morning, the U.S. President had not replied to the challenge.
He may be well advised to abstain from such a bet, as Belgium are the bookies favourites going in to last 16 match on Tuesday.
Obama should also be warned that a large number of Belgian beers have a very high alcohol content. It was not clear precisely what beers Di Rupo was offering in the bet.