Belgian Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo challenged U.S. President Barack Obama to a bet over Belgium’s impending World Cup knock-out match against the United States, offering the prospect of some “great Belgian beers” should the U.S. team win.
On Thursday, Belgium beat South Korea 1-0 to top Group H, setting up a clash with the United States after Juergen Klinsmann’s team pipped Portugal to second place in Group G on goal difference despite losing to Germany.
— Elio Di Rupo (@eliodirupo) June 26, 2014
As of Friday morning, the U.S. President had not replied to the challenge.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He may be well advised to abstain from such a bet, as Belgium are the bookies favourites going in to last 16 match on Tuesday.
Obama should also be warned that a large number of Belgian beers have a very high alcohol content. It was not clear precisely what beers Di Rupo was offering in the bet.