Bayern Munich will not accredit reporters of English tabloid newspapers The Sun and Daily Mirror for a Champions League return leg against Manchester United over what the treble winners call offensive reporting after their 1-1 draw this week.
Bayern host United next week in the return leg of the Champions League quarter-final with the Germans favourites to advance despite midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger missing the second leg after being red-carded at Old Trafford.
“After the first leg both English media reported about our player Bastian Schweinsteiger in a discriminatory and personally insulting manner,” Bayern said in a statement on Thursday.
“Bayern Munich does not accept this kind of reporting and condemns it sharply.”
The two newspapers had run similar headlines following the last-minute sending off of Schweinsteiger for a foul on Wayne Rooney using the German word for pig which is ‘Schwein’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“You dirty Schwein,” read the Mirror’s headline with a picture of Schweinsteiger. The Sun’s headline read “You Schwein.”
The headlines caused a stir in Germany this week.
“Bayern Munich will not give representatives of the Daily Mirror and The Sun accreditations for the return leg on April 9,” said Bayern.