Bayern Munich will not accredit reporters of English tabloid newspapers The Sun and Daily Mirror for a Champions League return leg against Manchester United over what the treble winners call offensive reporting after their 1-1 draw this week.
Bayern host United next week in the return leg of the Champions League quarter-final with the Germans favourites to advance despite midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger missing the second leg after being red-carded at Old Trafford.
“After the first leg both English media reported about our player Bastian Schweinsteiger in a discriminatory and personally insulting manner,” Bayern said in a statement on Thursday.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
“Bayern Munich does not accept this kind of reporting and condemns it sharply.”
The two newspapers had run similar headlines following the last-minute sending off of Schweinsteiger for a foul on Wayne Rooney using the German word for pig which is ‘Schwein’.
“You dirty Schwein,” read the Mirror’s headline with a picture of Schweinsteiger. The Sun’s headline read “You Schwein.”
The headlines caused a stir in Germany this week.
“Bayern Munich will not give representatives of the Daily Mirror and The Sun accreditations for the return leg on April 9,” said Bayern.