Bastian Schweinsteiger wished a happy Diwali on his twitter account. The former German captain is currently playing with Manchester United, a club that is known for its presence in India.
“I just learned that Diwali is an important holiday in certain countries. Therefore I’d like to wish a #HappyDiwali to everyone celebrating!” said Schweinsteiger in a tweet. Schweinsteiger was an integral part of the German team that won the 2014 World Cup. He is also known for his long-term association with German giants Bayern Munich, a club that also has a fervent fan following in India chiefly due to their exploits in the Champions League.
Schweinsteiger joined Manchester United from Bayern in 2015 and was a first team regular under Louis Van Gaal. However, Jose Mourinho has dropped Schweinsteiger from the first team and the German midfielder was recently blocked from playing even for the resrves of the Red Devils.
I just learned that Diwali is an important holiday in certain countries. Therefore I’d like to wish a #HappyDiwali to everyone celebrating!
— Basti Schweinsteiger (@BSchweinsteiger) 30 October 2016
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Manchester United’s global appeal has made it one of the biggest football clubs in the world. A recent poll showed that they were still the club that generated the most revenue. This is despite the fact that the team are only a shadow of the club that dominated the Premier League and was a force in the Champions League under Sir Alex Ferguson. Bastian Schweinsteiger was one of the many superstars that Louis Van Gaal brought in to revitalis the team but it turned out to be a fruitless effort.