Barcelona’s players and executives have gathered to pay their respects to Tito Vilanova at Camp Nou, a day after their former coach died following a battle with cancer.
Barcelona’s players signed a book of condolence and held a moment of silence for Vilanova, who died Friday at the age of 45.
Team captain Carles Puyol says “a great, complete person, an example, has left us. This is a difficult blow.”
Vilanova’s illness forced him to step down as Barcelona coach last summer after winning the 2012-13 Spanish league title.
He had previously served as Pep Guardiola’s assistant during a four-year run during which the team won 14 titles.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
A memorial site for Vilanova has been set up at the stadium and is open for fans to visit this weekend.