MS Dhoni, on Wednesday was spotted at Chennaiyin FC’s away match against Delhi Dynamos. The Indian ODI skipper, who is also a co-owner of the ISL franchisee, was seen at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, where Chennaiyin was playing Delhi Dynamos.
Dhoni is out of action for more than a month after the end of the recently concluded five-match ODI series against New Zealand. He led his men to a 3-2 win in the series of which the last matche turned out to be a one sided affiar when India routed New Zealand by 190 runs. India are now being led by Virat Kohli as the play England in the first of a five-match Test series at Rajkot. Dhoni, owing to his retirement from Tests in 2014, would hence be not be involved in any cricket action until 19th January when the ODI series between India and England Starts.
Dhoni’s presence though, seemed to be more of a bane than a boon for his team as Chennaiyin FC were drubbed by a Florent Malouda-inspired Delhi Dynamos 4-1. Delhi Dynamos netted two goals early in the first half. Chennaiyin captain Bernard Mendy scored a lovely solo goal to get the away side back but Delhi tucked in two more in the second half to run away with a 4-1 victory.
Dhoni isn’t the only cricketer who owns a team in the Indian Super League. Virat Kohli co-owns FC Goa and was spotted in one of their matches with Anushka Sharma. Kohli too, came for the match after the end of the ODI series against New Zealand.
India have had to deal with some resilient batting from Joe Root and Moeen Ali in the first day of the Rajkot Test. Both put together 174 runs for the third wicket. Root was dismissed after making 124 and England ended the day at 311/4. Moeen Ali is at the crease at 99 with Ben Stokes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More