Mumbai City FC’s winning run in the Indian Super League will be seriously challenged by former champions Atletico de Kolkata in an interesting third round clash at Mumbai Football Arena on Tuesday.
Mumbai City FC won their first two matches without conceding a goal, and although both victories were achieved by a single goal, coach Alexandre Guimaraes should be pleased with the clean sheets. Atletico de Kolkata are also unbeaten. Having drawn the opening game against Chennaiyin FC, the former champions bounced back in style to put it across Kerala Blasters.
“We are all quite pleased with the start to the season. It’s a totally different feeling that the team and fans have. The echo from the other teams is also different; they are thinking this is going to be a different season for Mumbai City. It’s good but we know that we have just started. In such a league, you have to stay alert. There is not much time to celebrate or cry. You have to be competitive always,” said the Costa Rican coach who has made fans believe in the team again.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
There will not be any easy games in the ISL as the difference between all teams is minimal. With two victories under his belt, Guimaraes will be bristling with confidence but knows that Atletico de Kolkata will provide them with the toughest challenge.
The visitors were full of praise for the league’s pace-setters with coach Jose Molina insisting that the clash between the two teams with similar playing styles should be an interesting one. “We know we are here to play against a strong team. They played two matches, won both, six points and two clean sheets. That’s a very good beginning for Mumbai. We want to play our game (against Mumbai). We have similar styles and it will be an interesting match,” said Molina.
Mumbai City marquee Diego Forlan played crucial role in both wins for his team. The former Uruguay striker and Mumbai City marquee created the only goal of the match in their opening clash against FC Pune City and then scored a second-half penalty in the next clash against NorthEast United. Atletico de Kolkata, however, have not drawn up any special plans for the star striker. “There is no special plan (for Diego Forlan). I don’t like to focus on one player. I think they have good players in attack, midfield and defence. I like my team defending as a team, together, and against a team, not one or two players. We know how to defend,” said Molina.
Mumbai City FC shares top position on the points table along with NorthEast United at 6 points each. On other hand ATK and Delhi Dynamos are at 4 points each in second position on points table. A victory for either of the team – Mumbai City or ATK – will take them to the top of the table.