Both Marquinhos as well as Adrien Rabiot have been pretty vocal about their dissatisfaction with their current situations at PSG. Marquinhos admitted that he would prefer to feature more regularly for the Parisian side, which doesn’t come as a surprise considering he’s at an age crucial for his development.
He is currently the third-choice centre back at the club, behind David Luiz and Thiago Silva, who have formed one of the best partnerships at the back this season.
There was a run of four games in December and early January where Marquinhos featured for 32 minutes in four matches. A situation like this can naturally irk a youngster, especially one who has talent in as much abundance as the Brazilians.
Marquinhos has been linked with Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United in the past and some of those old rumours have resurfaced. For Blanc and Co. to keep Marquinhos beyond the summer, they would have to make sure he doesn’t feel like a luxury commodity.
Silva’s absence gets him a short run of games
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The absence of Silva recently has enabled Marquinhos to play two back to back matches. He impressed against Toulouse as he made three successful tackles, won an aerial duel and enjoyed a pass accuracy of 93%, highlighting all of his strengths.
Games sure come thick and fast for the Ligue 1 champions as they’re involved in all the competition in addition to the league. This should enable Blanc to play the Brazilian more regularly and ensure his development continues. The PSG manager needs to ensure Marquinhos’ satisfaction as the player has plenty of suitors. At the same time, it is easy to see the difficulty that Blanc faces with Silva and Luiz doing wonderfully at the back this season.
The Corinthians academy product featured occasionally as a right-back last season, but the fact that Serge Aurier has cemented his place in the position has made that possibility impossible. One of the ways to give the Brazilian more game time is to move Luiz ahead in the midfield, a position he has played a few times in the past and is therefore not unfamiliar with it. This would enable Marquinhos to slot alongside compatriot Silva at the back.
However, this could upset another youngster who has been dissatisfied with the lack of game-time – Adrien Rabiot.
Interest from Europe’s elite
Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester United are reportedly keen on landing him. Both the clubs could offer the former Roma player guaranteed first-team football and Marquinhos would be able to cement his place in the starting line-up of both these clubs. The charm of the Premier League also adds to the temptation.
Barcelona have been linked with the 21-year-old time and again and are still supposedly keen on getting him. The possibility of playing for the European champions would obviously be hard to resist and it is likely that if Barcelona truly want the youngster, they will get him.
World class in no time
There is little doubt that Marquinhos will develop into a world-class defender with time. In him, PSG already have an able successor to Silva. However, at 31, the former AC Milan player still has a couple of years ahead of him and it is unlikely that Marquinhos will be content playing a back-up role at the Paris club for long.
Blanc’s position is tough, but if he can’t find a way to incorporate the Brazilian in his plans, there’s a heavy possibility that he doesn’t have this enviable dilemma next season as there is evidently no scarcity of clubs who would clear places to have Marquinhos play for them.
(Powered by O-Posts)