Aston Villa have signed Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley on a season-long loan after squeezing through a deal after the close of the transfer window, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.
Agreement was reached for the 25-year-old, who has played 13 times for England, late on transfer deadline day on Monday but the move hung in the balance as Villa were made to wait for the league’s approval after the close of the window.
Cleverley, who came through United’s academy system and has made 79 appearances for the 20-times English champions, made the move away from Old Trafford after finding playing opportunities limited under new manager Louis Van Gaal.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
His departure follows the high-profile deadline-day exits of Javier Hernandez, who joined Real Madrid on a season-long loan, and Danny Welbeck, who signed for Arsenal in a deal reported to be worth 16 million pounds ($26.4 million).
It completed a busy transfer window for United as Dutchman Van Gaal, yet to win a competitive game since taking charge, seeks to return the club to winnings ways.
They spent nearly 150 million pounds, including the British record signing of Angel Di Maria from Real Madrid and Colombia striker Radamel Falcao, on loan from Monaco.