Olivier Giroud has been restricted to the role of substitute in the Premier League this season and while Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger knows the striker is far from happy with the situation he is channelling his anger in the right way.
Giroud had an extended summer break after Euro 2016 and picked up a toe injury in September which proved difficult to fully recover from.
He has featured in six of Arsenal’s 12 league games this season, coming off the bench in all of them, and scored three goals including a last-minute equaliser against Manchester United on Saturday.
“He’s angry in a positive way,” Wenger told the club website, adding that the only way his fellow Frenchman would regain his starting spot was to continue to prove his worth.
Giroud, Granit Xhaka and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain were all used off the bench at Old Trafford and Wenger said the quality of Arsenal’s substitutes made the difference in games.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I think we have the quality and the spirit on the bench,” he added. “The two together makes us remarkably dangerous until the last minute.”
Arsenal, in fourth place and three points behind leaders Chelsea, host Bournemouth in the league on Sunday.