Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says Chile will be taking a “suicidal” risk if they select Alexis Sanchez for Tuesday’s World Cup qualifier against Uruguay as playing the winger could aggravate his hamstring injury. Chile claim Sanchez picked up an “minor muscle injury” during training on Tuesday and subsequently missed Thursday’s World Cup qualifier goalless draw with Colombia.
“I got a text last night (to say) that he has a hamstring injury,” Wenger told beIN Sports. “The team from Chile has travelled without him and they kept him to try and get him fit to play Uruguay for the second game on Tuesday night.
“With a hamstring injury, we have to get access for our medical staff to the MRI scan to see what grade it is, how bad it is and make absolutely sure they don’t make any suicidal decision that could harm his future for two or three months.”
Arsenal have benefited from Sanchez’s shift to the central striker’s role as the agile forward has scored eight goals to propel the side to the top of their Champions League group and to fourth in the league, two points behind leaders Liverpool.
The French coach also said Chile should put Sanchez’s health first despite the 27-year-old’s overwhelming desire to represent his country.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It’s a grey area between the national team and the club team and of course they look at their own results, which I can understand, but we have to preserve the health of Alexis Sanchez,” Wenger added.
“He always wants to play and that’s where it is a more sensitive case because he’s always ready to play even when injured.”
Arsenal’s next fixture is a league match at sixth-placed Manchester United on Nov. 19.