All India Football Federation hailed Bangalore lad Ishan Pandita’s signing a contract with Spanish LaLiga side Club Deportivo Leganes to play in the youth team, describing it a landmark achievement.
Congratulating Pandita, AIFF President Praful Patel tweeted, “Heartiest congratulations to Ishan Pandita, first Indian to sign for Spanish @LaLiga club. A landmark achievement at such a young age.”
Bengaluru boy Ishan Pandita became the first Indian footballer to sign a professional contract with a La Liga club. He has been playing in Spanish lower division clubs for the last three years.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Pandita, a 19-year old striker of Kashmiri origin, signed a one-year contract with CD Leganes but will be playing in the Division de Honor Juvenil which is the top-level for youth players in Spain.
He played for Liga Adelante side UD Almeria’s U-18 team last season.
Pandita was handed the No. 50 jersey by club officials yesterday.
Ishan’s father Neeraj Pandita said that his son “will be eyeing the main team.”
“He will be playing for the U-19 team and will be eyeing the main team. He has been in Spain for the last three years and I am happy for him,” Neeraj was quoted as saying by the official AIFF website.
“The club football levels at the U-19 level are of a high standard,” he added.
CD Leganes, a club located on the outskirts of Madrid, got promotion to Spain’s top division LaLiga this season. They are currently placed 11th in the league table.