Cristiano Ronaldo is among five regular players who will not feature against Celta Vigo as the Spanish giant appears to turn its attention to the upcoming Champions League final.
Midfielder Sami Khedira and defender Alvaro Arbeloa will be available after returning from long-term injuries, but Ronaldo and fellow forward Angel Di Maria plus defenders Pepe, Dani Carvajal and Raphael Varane are all sidelined for Sunday’s match.
“I prefer not to take any risks. If tomorrow’s match was a final I would play him (Ronaldo) but it isn’t a final,” Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said Saturday. “We’ve won a lot of games without Cristiano. Though he’s fundamental to our team, I prefer not to risk his health. He’s not 100 percent so we have to try and win without him.”
Madrid trails leader Atletico Madrid by four points with two games to play, but will need its city rival and second-placed Barcelona – which sits one point above it — to also falter to have any chance of winning a 33rd domestic title.
Madrid surprisingly drew both of its league matches after routing Bayern Munich 5-0 over two legs in the Champions League semifinal. “It’s nothing new in football,” Ancelotti said of the dip.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Real has long been obsessed with winning its record 10th European Cup as it returns to the final for the first time in 12 years. Despite the obvious drop-off since clinching its place against Atletico in Lisbon on May 24, Ancelotti insisted the club was not giving up on La Liga.