Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho described his team’s 3-0 Premier League defeat at Manchester City on Sunday as a “fake” result.
The champions trailed 1-0 at halftime to Sergio Aguero’s strike and conceded two more goals after the interval to finish with one point from their opening two games of the season.
- We would have needed 10 hours to score, says Jose Mourinho
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea with 3-0 win at Stamford Bridge
- Alexis Sanchez set for Manchester United league debut at Spurs
- Jose Mourinho hails David de Gea heroics as Manchester United beat Arsenal
- Antonio Conte hands Jose Mourinho third straight losing return to Chelsea
- Alvaro Morata goal drought ends, Chelsea beat Manchester United 1-0
“3-0 is completely fake,” Mourinho told Sky Sports. “At 1-0 Chelsea were the best team for the whole second half.
“The best team in the first half won the game. The best team in the second half was Chelsea for sure. We had a difficult first half, we didn’t create a lot and our goalkeeper made a few important saves.
“Second half everything was different. They make a change because they feel 1-0 is in danger and we concede a second goal. If 1-1 a different story, their team is in trouble.”