Left arm spinner Harmeet Singh, cold shouldered by Mumbai’s selectors the whole of last season, and struggling veteran pacer Zaheer Khan have been included in the 27-member pre-season Ranji Trophy training camp, commencing in Mumbai from Monday.
Harmeet, a member of India’s victorious 2012 under-19 World Cup winning squad who got embroiled in the 2013 IPL sport fixing controversy before being cleared by the BCCI of any wrong doing, did not play a single game for Mumbai last season.
Neither was the 21-year-old slow bowler picked by any IPL franchise in season 7 of the T20 League as he sat at home cooling his heels. His last match of any significance was the IPL game for Rajasthan Royals against Pune Warriors on April 11, 2013.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
MCA joint secretary Nitin Dalal informed that Harmeet also picked up an injury during the last Ranji season and was out of action for a lengthy period of time.
Alongside Harmeet, Mumbai selectors have also chosen first choice left arm spinner Vishal Dabholkar and Iqbal Abdullah.
Also included in the list is injured pace bowler Zaheer Khan who picked up a side strain during IPL7 while playing for Mumbai Indians and was then ruled out of the tournament. He has not been chosen in the Indian Test squad for England too.
“The camp will be on till the start of the next season,” informed Dalal.
The camp will be held at Sharad Pawar indoor academy at Mumbai CA’s BKC complex.
The Mumbai Ranji pre-season campers are: Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Ajinkya Rahane, Abhishsek Nayar, Suryakumar Yadav, Hiken Shah, Dhawal Kulkarni, Avishkar Salvi, Akhil Herwadkar, Sushant Marathe, Kaustubh Pawar, Siddhesh Lad, Sarfraz Khan, Aditya Tare, Wilkin Mota, Vinit Indulkar, Vishal Dabholkar, Iqbal Abdullah, Harmeet Singh, Shardul
Thakur, Javed Khan, Saurabh Netrawalkar, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (Jr.), Kshemal Waingankar, Praful Waghela and Shreyas Iyer.