At close of play on day two of the Ranji Trophy match between UP and Punjab, Yuvraj Singh and Mandeep Singh were the batsmen for Punjab. The former was batting on 72 and once again looked set for a big score. His runs came a quick pace in Hyderabad.
On day three, Yuvraj once again continued his innings and began with some fluent boundaries. His innings was cut short when he was caught by Eklavya Dwivedi off Imtiaz Ali. But his innings once again showed Yuvraj of old.
It has been the case in this Ranji season in which Yuvraj has already scored three centuries and looks in fine form for Punjab. His first such innings was on a green top in Lahli against Madhya Pradesh.
Yuvraj scored a magnificent 177, an innings that brought him praise from everyone in the cricket fraternity and his fans. He followed it up with a 76 in the second innings, an equally important and inspiring innings. The fact that it was played in Lahli, a pitch known to assist pace bowlers, adds to the amount of effort he would have to put in it.
Then came the big one in New Delhi. Manan Vohra had led Punjab to a big score with his maiden first-class century. For company, he had Yuvraj at the other end. He also had crossed the 100-run mark.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
But next day, Yuvraj scored a double century against the Baroda attack. The innings further asserted that he belongs to the cricket scene. Playing in the national team is a big achievement but to continue performing when not selected is a tough task that Yuvraj has pulled off nicely this season.
Against UP, he could have had a consecutive hundred but fell short by 15 runs. Punjab won’t mind it as long as their captain continues to score runs even if he doesn’t get those big hundred. And neither will Yuvraj.