Batting legend Sunil Gavaskar feels India should retain the same playing eleven in the upcoming ICC World Twenty20 that whitewashed Australia 3-0 on Sunday in the three-match series of the game’s shortest format. (REPORT: India win thriller)
“This is the playing eleven that I would like to see in the World Twenty20,” said Gavaskar when asked about his take on India’s World T20 squad.
India on Sunday produced an inspired performance to record their highest run-chase ever on Australian soil as they pulled off a dramatic last ball seven wicket victory in the third and final Twenty20 International to achieve a rare 3-0 clean sweep against Australia in Sydney.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The win also promoted Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s boys to the top of the ICC T20 rankings and they now lead the table in the shortest and the longest format.
And Gavaskar said Yuvraj should be an integral part of India’s World T20 team.
“Yuvraj gets wickets in Australia. On the sub-continent, he has to be part of the eleven,” the former India skipper told NDTV.
“Yuvraj has not lost his power. He is a plus. India must be patient with him”
“When Yuvraj got going, he delivered. We have done a bit of Swachh Australia,” he added.
Gavaskar was also full of praise for Raina, who according to him is the one of the best readers of T20 format.
“In Twenty20s, there are no better readers of the format than Suresh Raina,” he said.
“The way Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh held their nerve is commendable. The balance of the team is good. The Sydney win was big. Chasing 200 is never easy.”