It was the 21st over of the innings and Ravindra Jadeja was bowling to Joe Root. England were one down, and recovering with Root-Haseeb Hameed stand. Root pushed the Jadeja delivery to the leg-side and went for the single. Hameed responded to the call, and was very keen for the second.
Root too showed interest early on before sending back the young England opener. Jayant Yadav did exceedingly well to chase the ball and threw it to Saha, the end where Hameed was returning to safety after Root denied the second. The Indian stumper came in front of the stumps to collect the throw but seemed aware about the position of the stumps.
Saha collected the Yadav throw and did a back-flick onto the stumps to disturb the woodwork. The awareness, and effort, was so Dhoni-like! Third-umpire wasn’t needed for this and the leg-umpire raised his finger to send the young opener back to the hut. Hameed’s wicket triggered a collapse which put England under pressure at the end of the day’s play.
The visitors are five down for 103, and have a mountain to climb in the remaining three days. Still 352 behind, they need to bat out of their skin to save the match. India on the other hand would be happy with the effort as they managed to make additions to the overnight total, and reduced England to 103/5 at the end of day’s play. It will take some effort from the visitors to make the hosts bat again, and then save the match.
Watch the run-out here:
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
At this moment, it seems to be heading only one way – India’s way.